The RSEA has adopted a new platform for Linear Accelerator Engineers/Technologist to find solutions to their problems:
Discord is a free cross-platform voice and text chat application (originally designed for gamers) which has grown from 45 million world-wide users in mid-2017 to 250 million users in mid-2019. Discord runs on Windows, macOS, Android, Linux, and in web browsers.
The Discord program supplements the “Majordomo Linac Bulletin Board” ** by providing many modern benefits not available via the list server.
The Discord platform provides the ability to:
- communicate by voice
- attach documents
- attach photos
- Search history using key words.
- Download the discord app from the Microsoft Store, the App Store, or via a web browser
2. Register an account in the App.
3. After Registering, click on the (+) symbol on the left side of the screen and click “Join Server”.
4. Contat Jamie Watson for Server Invite. email@example.com
5. If you need any assistance, please contact:
or see the Discord Help Center
Once you’ve joined the server, you will be assigned a role as a member or non-member based on your RSEA membership status
There are a few channels that are restricted to “Members Only”. (If you wish to be a member please register on the link above Join Us/Be A Sponsor)
However, most are open to all, including the Voice, RSEA-Chat, and Troubleshooting channels.
** Note: the RSEA will continue to maintain the Majordomo Linac-Eng list server to ensure it remains fully functional for all who wish to continue using it.