The RSEA has adopted a new platform for Linear Accelerator Engineers/Technologist to find solutions to their problems, communicate with other Engineers/Technologists and post important information to our community.
Discord is a free cross-platform voice and text chat application (originally designed for gamers) which has grown from 45 million world-wide users in mid-2017 to 250 million users in mid-2019. Discord runs on Windows, macOS, Android, Linux, and in web browsers.
The Discord program supersedes the “Majordomo Linac Bulletin Board” ** by providing many modern benefits not available via the list server.
The Discord platform provides the ability to:
- Communicate by voice
- Attach documents
- Attach photos
- Search history using key words
- Pin important conversations you’d like to reference again
- Download the discord app from the Microsoft Store, the App Store, or via a web browser: Discord Download
- Register for an account in the App
- After Registering, click on the (+) symbol on the left side of the screen and click “Join Server”
- Contact Jamie Watson for Server Invite. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need any assistance, please contact: email@example.com or see the Discord Help Center
Once you’ve joined the server, you will be assigned a role as a member or non-member based on your RSEA membership status. There are a few channels that are restricted to “Members Only”, however, most are open to all, including the RSEA-Chat, job posting and Troubleshooting channels. If you wish to be a member, please register on the “Become a Member” link above.
** Note: the RSEA will disable the “Majordomo Linac Bulletin Board” effective October 1, 2021. At that time, all communications will be moved to Discord.